Senior Finance Consultant, Public Finance Group
GREAT FIRM CULTURE. MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR COMMUNITIES. ACTIVE MENTORING PROGRAM.
Umbaugh is a CPA firm that provides financial advisory services to cities, towns, utilities, school corporations, libraries, and a variety of other governmental clients. As a member of our consulting staff you will be involved in many types of client engagements. Your responsibilities will be varied and will include research, analysis, client meetings, and presentations. Our growing organization offers career development and advancement.
Responsibilities for Senior Finance Consultant, Public Finance Group:
- Provide financial advisory services to municipal clients such as cities, towns, schools, and libraries.
- Provide financial planning for economic development projects.
- Develop cash flow and tax increment projections.
- Assist with Tax Increment Finance ("TIF”) projects and prepare annual TIF neutralization reports.
- Structure financing options and facilitate the issuance of bonds for capital improvement projects.
- Provide capital project planning and analysis.
- Assist with comprehensive financial planning.
- Attend and present financial information at public and planning meetings.
- Manage client expectations through regular communication.
- Some travel is required, but most is same-day travel within the state.
Qualifications for Senior Finance Consultant, Public Finance Group:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of two years Accounting and/or Finance experience required; experience with Municipal Finance preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting/finance, analysis, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- Skilled in presenting technical and/or financial information.
- Willingness to pursue a certification exam.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals.
- The ability and willingness to travel and attend evening meetings.
- Positive work environment
- Active mentoring program
- Collaboration between coworkers
- Accessible Partners
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous incentive program to consultants for passing the CPA Exam
- Firm provides a minimum of 40 hours per year of paid continuing professional education