Ryan & Wetmore is seeking a Staff Accountant in the Bethesda, Frederick & Vienna offices. The firm offers competitive benefits, growth opportunities and a great team environment.
All candidates should include trancript, credit hours and CPA eligibility status.
Staff Accountants serve clients by:
- Advising clients on a wide range of corporate and federal tax issues, various duties to include tax research and planning, compliance, consulting, and business transaction structuring services.
- Communicating with clients to discuss tax accounting matters
- Meeting client service expectations through adhering to time budgets and maintaining positive client communications
- Delivering highest level of customer service to clients, including those at the executive level
- Performing audit procedures, over cash, A/R, inventories property and equipment, prepaid, A/P, accrued expenses, debt and general income statement accounts in client financial statements and propose adjusting journal entries when needed.
- Communicating with client personnel in order to identify and assess existing client accounting processes, internal controls, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing accounting transactions and consider appropriate application of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparing financial statement footnotes (on areas audited) and internal control observations and recommendations.
- Researching fundamental issues using online tools.
- Performing other duties as needed on engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Gaining an understanding of Firm policies, procedures, and professional standards through observation and inquiry and adheres to them.
- Demonstrating positive attitude towards Firm and profession.
- Representing the Firm in a favorable and professional manner.
- Developing initiative, interpersonal skills, and practical application of technical knowledge.
- Performing other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor and other Firm management as required.
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
- CPA certified or the eligibility to work toward obtaining a CPA license
- Must meet the minimum requirements for the CPA exam (e.g., 150 credit hours) before start date of employment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA strongly preferred with equal or stronger performance in your major
- Participation in extracurricular activities or prior job experience and demonstration of leadership abilities
- Sharp analytical skills enhanced by a commitment to professional development
- Desire to work closely with Partners and clients to provide exceptional service
- Previous hands-on public accounting internship experience is preferred
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to function in a team environment and to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Integrity, dependability, and trustworthiness.
- Strong skills with general office use software and an ability to adapt to new software applications
- Proficiency with personal computers and spreadsheet software programs.
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients' offices using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients' offices using a personal vehicle.
- Able to work moderate overtime throughout the year with heavier overtime required during certain business cycles.