Build your career with the local leader who has served our market for nearly 100 years.
Why do we have a nearly 93% retention rate among CPAs when most other firms are losing 20% of their staff each year? Because we are committed to growing your career.
- Duggan, Joiner, & Company is a full-service CPA firm with an excellent reputation in the Ocala, FL community.
- If there was one word to describe us, it would be Quality. We feel like our work speaks for itself and it's led us to be the premiere accounting firm in North Central Florida.
- We are looking for leaders to join our CPA staff in the role of Senior Accountant. So whether you are relocating to Ocala or you've been in Ocala for years, make sure you speak to our partners before making any career decision.
What Great Candidates Need to Know about Duggan, Joiner & Company
We're small, nimble and strong. Unlike most CPA firms, our organization isn't shaped like a pyramid. We have nearly as many staff as we do partners, meaning you will receive close partner contact, supervision, mentorship and assistance. Our partners are your greatest learning tool in your career development.
This a firm for people who want to make partner: If you are the kind of professional who wants to learn and take on new responsibility, you have found a home. Our path to partner is real and a major factor in why CPAs come to work here. Half of our partners have been partners for less than 5 years because we develop talent and keep our staff engaged and happy. Plus there is plenty of growth opportunity at our firm.
Great people rarely choose to leave Duggan Joiner: Meet with us and find out why our staff turnover is among the lowest in the industry.
TRUE work/life balance and flexibility: Every member of our team has unique needs outside of the office. We get it, and your needs will be met. Our partners understand that to keep great people, firms must bring flexibility and balance to each team member. You will find that here.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Responsibilities for Senior Accountant:
- Perform audits of for profit and not for profit entities.
- Prepare income tax returns.
- Adjust client's books and records using various accounting software, including QuickBooks, Sage and others.
- Performs work with limited supervision. Work closely with clients, managers and partners to resolve questions and complete work product.
Requirements for Senior Accountant
- CPA, having 5+ years of recent public accounting experience with an emphasis in tax and accounting.
- Previous audit experience is helpful but will not be a major emphasis for this position.
- Attention to detail with advanced communication and organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency using Excel, Word and tax and audit software (DJ&Co currently uses CCH ProFx Tax and Engagement software).
Benefits (just to name a few):
- Competitive salaries, with bonus opportunities
- 401K plan
- 7.5 days paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Medical insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional growth and development, including 40 hours of Continuing Professional Education per year