Our tech-y, progressive CPA firm seeks Accounting Associate, to become an essential part of our team. Ensure client financials are kept up-to-date quickly and accurately and work with busy entrepreneurs who are always on the go and rely on an accounting team that assesses their needs, speaks their language, understands their tech & day-to-day challenges and provides exceptional, timely service.
About the Role
- You'll support our client base by performing daily reconciliations in web-based real-time accounting software, following up with clients, filing payroll tax returns, sales tax returns, managing payroll functions and providing on-going accounting and systems support.
- You'll quickly learn the accounting system that we use to publish high-quality financial statements.
With guidance from the team, you'll be monitoring and dealing with technical customer support issues.
- You will be responsible for providing recommendations on how to improve the flow of information within the firm, which will be used by your accounting team members.
- Liaison – You will work with the Director of Accounting to ensure proper and tax efficient record keeping to manage technical issues and ensure the flow of information is smooth from the Accounting Team to the Tax Team.
- You're personable and have great communication skills. You're comfortable talking to a client about their books.
- Your writing is clear and concise.
- You're a quick learner who can figure things out on your own and easily adapt to change.
- You're accountable; you like to get things done and take full responsibility to ensure quality of work is high and deadlines are met.
You're organized and detail oriented. You can take books that are a mess and turn them into
- You're independent and comfortable working from home. You can remain focused and diligent in an independent work environment (although we're only a Yammer message away).
- You're a bit techy and know your way around a computer and enjoy researching and learning new software applications and technologies. You're familiar with cloud accounting software, such as XERO, QBO, HUBDOC, etc.
- You hold a BS in Accounting and have 2-5 years of experience with accounting, bookkeeping, and related processes.
- You're interested in pursuing your CPA designation.
- You own a phone that handles mobile accounting applications, email & Skype. Yes, you may get emails or texts from colleagues or clients at weird hours.
Working at Donovan & Limroth, CPAs
- Always learning – We hold weekly team meetings where we rotate "Talking Heads” and "Smarty Pants" segments to ensure we are always learning from one another.
- Treated right – The best ideas and the most refined work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here. You'll also be working with a pretty amazing team who care about what they do and who will drop whatever they're doing to help a
customer or a colleague.
- Autonomy – Our work schedules are incredibly flexible, so we're going to need to trust you, which is why we've built in a three-month probationary period. Manage your work competently and professionally and you'll fit in well.
- Growth - You'll be able to grow and expand in the current role as we grow as well.
- Flexibility - Since much of our work is done online, you'll have the flexibility of being mobile but will have a workstation in the main office.
- Benefits – Our benefit package includes an employer sponsored savings plan and eligible employees start accumulating PTO after 90 days.
- We're looking to hire up to 2 new team members for the bookkeeping/accounting team and hoping applicants can start as soon as tax season is over.