We are a vibrant, stable and growing CPA firm looking for a Tax Manager to join our team and shape our future.
This is a perfect career move to grow with a firm and have an active part in how our practice grows. We are a small CPA firm and this is a great opportunity for someone who prefers the benefits enjoyed in a smaller environment, as opposed to the mega firms.
Responsibilities for Tax Manager:
- Review individual and business tax returns
- Prepare complex tax returns when necessary
- Oversee employees through tax issues
- Assist clients with tax saving strategies.
Qualifications and Traits for Tax Manager:
- Minimum of 8 years experience in income taxes.
- CPA or EA required.
- Knowledgeable in both individual and business tax laws.
- Great people skills so that clients and staff get along exceptionally well with them.
- Assists and trains staff to help them understand and get better.
- Always willing to improve their skills and themselves.
- Self-sufficient without lots of guidance.
- Perform quality work and are always improving their skills.
- Ask and get referrals of current clients as well as seek new ones.
- Understand the importance of our clients and that we are here because of them.
- Calm under pressure and doesn't get rattled easily.
- Understand the industry we are in and the hours it sometimes requires to get the jobs done.
- Always looking for ways on how we can use technology to improve our processes to be more efficient and help implement those processes.
- Experience in compilations of financial statements, a big plus (although not required).